If you are planning to store your caravan over the winter months here are some handy hints:
- Open the safety drain valve (yellow handle) next to water heater (under the seat) and leave open.
- Run pump for a short time until the water is expelled.
- Drain under floor tanks.
- Fully open all taps and shower mixer and leave open.
- If your caravan is covered or under cover plug in your caravans mains to ensure to keep your battery in good health, or do a system shut down.
- Check your battery acid levels. If necessary top up with rain water.
- Use your caravan’s step to slide your battery onto as this is roughly the same height as your battery box (be careful as the batteries are quite weighty).
- Make sure the gas bottle is turned off.
- It is always a good idea on a sunny day to open doors and windows to air your caravan.
- Check your caravans wheel studs. Believe it or not this is quite a big insurance claim area.
Call in anytime. We are open Monday to Friday 9.00am to 4.30pm, and Saturday 11.00am to 2.00pm. We look forward to seeing you.